NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – 1 MAY 2021
The 70th Annual General Meeting of the Papua New Guinea Association of Australia, Incorporated will be held in Sydney on Saturday, 1 May 2021 at the Hornsby RSL, 4 High Street, Hornsby, NSW, commencing at 11:30 am.
If you are mailing your proxy, please ensure that it is received by the Returning Officer, PNGAA, PO Box 453, Roseville, NSW 2069 by 5:00 pm on Friday, 30 April 2021. Proxies may also be emailed to the Returning Officer at email@example.com or may be handed to the Returning Officer prior to the start of the Annual General Meeting.
A luncheon has been arranged starting at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Members present and apologies
- Confirmation of Minutes of the 69th AGM – available on the PNGAA website at:
- Business arising from the Minutes
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report and receipt and adoption of the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2020
- To note the election of the Management Committee of the Papua New Guinea Association of Australia for 2021-22 (refer Rules 16 and 25(2)c of the Constitution)
- General discussion
The Objects for which the Association is primarily established are:
- to strengthen the civil relationship between the peoples of Australia and Papua New Guinea;
- to foster and encourage contact and friendship with Papua New Guineans and promote friendly association among members;
- to foster and maintain an interest in contemporary and historical events in Papua New Guinea;
- to provide appropriate financial, material or intellectual assistance to projects of benefit to Papua New Guinea as an Association individually or in conjunction with other agencies;
- to publish journals, magazines, newsletters, websites, books and other media to inform and educate people about Papua New Guinea and to provide a means of communication among members of the Association and others;
- to encourage the preservation of documents, historical and cultural material related to Papua New Guinea; including the production and recording of oral and written histories; and
- to safeguard and foster the retirement conditions of superannuated members of the former services in Papua New Guinea.
In pursuance of these Objects, the Association:
- will not be involved in, nor engage in, partisan politics; however, this does not prohibit the Association from engaging with members of parliament or public servants in pursuit of its objects; and
- may raise funds for its approved projects.
AGM LUNCHEON DETAILS
The AGM should not take long and there will be plenty of time for mingling (observing social distancing as required).
Members, their families and friends are all welcome – but please let us know if you wish to come to the luncheon by either:
- completing the booking form and payment details on the ‘Treasurer’s Corner’ form included at the end of the March 2021 PNG Kundu and returning it by Wednesday, 21 April 2021; or
- by direct credit to the PNGAA bank account, including your surname, member number (if known) and the code ‘AGM’ in the transaction description – and followed up with a confirming email to firstname.lastname@example.org as the full transaction details do not always show up on our bank statement.
The cost of $40.00 per person does not include liquor or soft drinks but these will be available from a cash-only bar. Payment needs to be made by 21 April please.
Cancellations advised by Thursday, 22 April 2021 will secure a full refund. This is the date we need to inform the Club of final numbers; after this date the Association must pay for those unable to attend. Please note that this function may be affected by changes to Covid-19 restrictions applying in NSW.
There is free on-site parking available to those driving – entrance via Ashley Street at the rear of the Club. The train station is nearby; public transport information Ph: 13 15 00.