PNGAA 68th AGM and Luncheon – 28 April 2019
Where: Boronia Room, Hornsby RSL, 4 High Street, Hornsby (Sydney)
When: Sunday 28 April 2019
Cost: $40pp includes light lunch (drinks at own expense; please advise any dietary requirements by 18 April)
Payment to PNGAA: CBA BSB: 062009 Account No: 0090 7724 Please follow up with an email confirming payment to email@example.com
RSVP: 18 April 2019
Contact: Sara Turner – firstname.lastname@example.org
The AGM should not take long and there will be plenty of time for mingling. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet the new incoming President, Max Uechtritz, the incoming Editor, Vicki Long, PNGAA committee representatives from other states – Yana di Pietro from Melbourne and Belinda Macartney and Phil Ainsworth from Brisbane – as well as other PNGAA members …so please do come along! Everyone is welcome! Even if you are not a member, you are welcome to join!
Members, their families and friends are all welcome – but please let us know if you wish to come to the luncheon by either:
completing the booking form and payment details on the ‘Treasurer’s Corner’ form included at the end of the March 2019 Una Voce and returning it by Thursday, 18 April 2018; or
by direct credit to the PNGAA bank account, including your surname, member number (if known) and the code ‘AGM’ in the transaction description – and followed up with a confirming email to email@example.com as the full transaction details do not always show up on our bank statement.
The cost of $40.00 per person does not include liquor or soft drinks but these will be available from a cash-only bar. Payment needs to be made by 18 April please.
Cancellations advised by Friday, 19 April 2018 will secure a full refund. This is the date we need to inform the Club of final numbers; after this date the Association must pay for those unable to attend.
There is free on-site parking available to those driving – entrance via Ashley Street at the rear of the Club. The train station is nearby; public transport information Ph: 13 15 00.
The agenda for the AGM is located below. Please note that it is intended to move a Special Resolution at the meeting to alter the Association’s Rules. The proposed Special Resolution, an Explanatory Memorandum and a Proxy Form for those unable to attend are provided to members in a link below. Please return proxy form by Friday 26 April 2019 to PNGAA, PO Box 453, Roseville NSW 2069 or scan and email to the Returning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 AGM AGENDA
1. Members present and apologies
2. Confirmation of Minutes of the 67th AGM (circulated in June 2018 Una Voce pages 13-15)
3. Business arising from the Minutes
4. President’s Report
5. Special Resolution for alteration of the Association’s rules in accordance with Committee’s recommendation as per Notice published in Una Voce March 2019
6. Treasurer’s Report and receipt and adoption of the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2018
7. Appointment of Honorary Auditor (Refer Rule 37 of the Constitution). Mr Phil Williams offers himself for re-election
8. To note the election (unopposed) of the Management Committee of the Papua New Guinea Association of Australia for 2019-20 (refer Rules 16 and 25(2)c of the Constitution)
9. General discussion
Notice of AGM – UV (002) Rule Changes – Explanatory Memorandum Rule Changes – Proxy Form
Rule Changes – Explanatory Memorandum